Wednesday, May 18, 2016

One Greater

   My heart is torn between two countries. It beats for my family in America and for my son in Haiti. But for all the love I have for my family, for a son yet to join us, there is One greater still.

   A love so deep, so wide, so uncalculable. A love so giving, so unconditional, so consuming. Like a fire raging out of control, is the love of the Father for me. And in the depths of my wondering, my questioning, He pursues me still.

   His is a love that never fails--how can this be? I fail daily, yet I am made in His image. No mistake is too big, no sin so great that the Father would turn away from me...ever. And yet, He turned away from His Son once...on my behalf. 

   Abba, this is a love I must have, a love that I want to wash over me and pull me under. I want to be swept away by the sheer force of Your passionate love for me.

   In the midst of sorrow, silence rings hollow in my ears. Ears straining, ever listening, ever waiting, for news that just won't come. And in this moment of sadness, of threatening despair, my heart dances for You alone.

 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment